Monday, July 12, 2010

Kickin' Cancer's Can


A dear friend of mine from the good old Emery High Days recently sent me an email about a wonderful woman in her community. Here is what she said:



"My neighbor was diagnosed with a severe and deadly form of cancer, to top things off she found out she was in stage 4. She is such a ray of sunshine and it's been hard watching this mother of 6 go from the young miss 34 yr old thang to a 80 yr old woman. The Chemo was so intense not only did she have to quit her job but because of the severity of her situation she had to farm out all 6 of her kids until the Chemo was completed. This was seriously probably harder for her than having the chemo or the countless surgeries or the nasty radiation. With help from some neighbors, we've organized this fun run, bake sale, extravaganza. I'd love it if you could give us a little shout out on your blog."

You should definitely go support this cause if you are at all available on August 7th. (I will hopefully be birthing a little womb nugget right about then, so it would be nice to be represented by some of my peeps!) I have had two sisters battle cancer so far, and it is devastating. We are soooo thankful that my beautiful sis-in-law Nancy has been cancer free for two years now (yay Nancy!!) and we are still praying for my sis-in-law Jill - whose battle rages on. Cancer stinks, and I am always happy to see loving, caring, friends and neighbors coming together to help others fight it!

Go visit their blog for more information.

And even if you can't attend the event, do you want to know what you CAN do? You can add their button and spread the word so that others can learn about it and come out and show their support! You can also join their facebook group and encourage others to join by going here.

Thanks!

So, today I'm working to help Kick Cancer's Can...what are you doing today? Link up and share!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my! What an incredible story. Your compassion is making a difference for your neighbor and for the awful malignancy of cancer. Keep strong!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

This was so sad to read. I will go and see how I can participate at once. : (

I can't believe your baby is coming so soon. I can't even take the excitement! I hope you are still sleeping well. I am so happy for you!