Monday, May 18, 2009

going to my happy place(s)

Have you ever had one of those days when everything just feels wrong?
You know, where you have a million things to do, and you don't know where to start, and someone you love and trust has hurt you, but they don't really seem to care or think it's a big deal in the first place? (purely a hypothetical...of course.)

Well, I'm feeling crummy.
So I decided to focus on some things that make me happy instead.

Like this darling apron that my extremely thoughtful friend Sharese gave to me.
I love, love, love, the chocolate brown rick rack she added along the bottom.
I'm so lucky to have super thoughtful friends who know me so well.
You know the kind...the ones you sometimes don't see or talk to for months on end, but when you finally do get in touch again, it's fun, and wonderful ,and you just pick right back up where you left off...
those are so nice.

...and let's not forget the wonderful dogs that wanted in on my "look at my fabulous apron photography session" They make me pretty darn happy too.
This one just cracks me right up.
They look like the couple featured in the Grant Wood painting American Gothic
Bubbuh especially anyway...


$2.99 sandals from savers
...and the hubs actually found some hideously wonderful aviators for me!
aviators never look good on me (and perhaps these still don't...?)
but Kyle finally found a pair that I love. (for $5.00)
They are especially gold, and orange-y, and 70s-ish, and ghetto...
all of which ='s
i l.o.v.e. them.


...and let's not forget my partner in ugly aviator crime.
he's pretty darn wonderful too.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Love the apron. And your shoes!

Becca said...

Might I just say you look fabulous in that apron in retro 1950s sort of way and I LOVE IT!!!

Ashley Koz said...

ummmm.... I LOVE YOUR DOGS, that picture of them together is awesome. And who was mean to you? I know people who know people who know people in the mafia

Barbaloot said...

Hey-new header! I like it:) And really, that picture definitely looks like American Gothic! Thanks for pointing it out---I think it's a classic.

Mandy said...

NEW BACKGROUND! AWESOME! :)

The pictures are wonderful! And that is a fabulous apron! :) Yay for thoughtful friends! :)

Hope your day got better! :)

Mohlman Family said...

It seems like forever since I've seen you, and your sweet dogs. We will have to get together soon:)