Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Sonnet, if you will.

Sometimes I Pass the Place Where We Once Lived.
{A Sonnet}

Sometimes I pass the place where we once lived
And glimpse three ghosts arriving at the door 
A woman - me, a man, a newborn child, 
Arriving, in the darkness, shocked and sore. 
 I watch them cross the threshold, disappear, 
They don't exist now - all of them are gone, 
For brand new parents barely last a day, 
And babies only live 'til they are one.  

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
In twenty years I'll show you our old haunts: 
"We used to come here once when you were small"  
You'll shrug, but I'll see flashes everywhere - 
Each gate you climbed, each park, each village hall. 
Our lives move on, we change, evolve, adjust,
 Leaving our trace, our imprints in the dust. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
{Thanks to themule.com for the inspiration.}

No comments: