Monday, March 29, 2010

normal.day.

Today was just your basic, "normal" day... and I loved every minute of it. I slept in (thanks hubs) to recover from our crazy weekend at Gaga and Papo's. A weekend that included: fashion shows, temple sealings, baby blessings, family visiting, impromptu easter egg hunting, snake catching (and releasing), lots of eating, and very little sleeping. Man was I tired! When I finally did wake up, I turned on some America's Next Top Model...
Photobucket and folded six loads of laundry as I watched...
Photobucket
then I went outside to check on the kort and his buddy...
Photobucket
and found that they were contentedly catching
and examining all sorts of fresh spring bugs...
Photobucket
and being all sorts of delightfully normal.
and boyish.
and such.
Photobucket
Then I decided that it was high time for the dogs
to gets some quality lens time,
and let's just say...
they totally agreed.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
As you can see, they were more than a little cooperative!
Photobucket
Photobucket

"Normal day,
let me be aware of the treasure you are.
Let me learn from you, love you,
bless you before you depart.
Let me not pass you by
in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow.
Let me hold you while I may,
for it may not always be so.
One day I shall dig my nails into the earth,
or bury my face in the pillow,
or stretch myself taut,
or raise my hands to the sky and want,
more than all the world, your return."
~Mary Jean Iron



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
{The positioning of Bubbuh's arms seriously CRACKS me up in these shots!
He could SO give those girls at ANTM a run for their money!}


So, while fun-filled weekends are welcomed and lovely...
normal days will always be my favorite.
{Speaking of "normal days," Communal Global is having it's very first picture contest! (No, you don't have to be a pro, you just have to send in a picture of your normal day!) Go here for complete details and be sure and tell everyone you know! The prize package for the winner will be a small gift from each of our contributors from around the globe! We will start receiving entries April first! And also be sure and check out our newest post, where women share photos of where they like to shop all around the world!}

No comments: