Friday, February 12, 2010

Dear Nancy,

You are the best!
I don't know what I ever did to deserve marrying into such a flipping awesome sister-in-law, but I feel like I have hit the jackpot! I would make a huge list of all of your fabulous qualities, but it's late, I have a headache, and need to go to bed (but stay tuned for that - it's going to be a doozey!) So, for now, my gift to you is the gift of the memory of our beautiful children frolicking on the beach.
Why do I love Nancy? Well, for JUST ONE THING, she has raised the most kind, beautiful, wonderful little boy in the world. A little boy who protects his cousin, LIVES to choose the right, thinks of others before EVER thinking of himself, and loves his family and others with a capacity that most of us cannot comprehend! It takes one heck of a mom to raise a boy with such character, and I thank God every day that you are in my life. It has been nothing short of devastating to go year after year - unable to provide Kortland with a brother of his own. But our Heavenly Father loves us, and wouldn't you know it? He provided for us - even when we didn't realize He was doing it. He may not have given Kort a brother, but he gave him the kind of cousin that most kids only dream about having. More to come, but for now - I sure love you!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

What a great gift! Have a wonderful weekend.

VolleyMom said...

Hey I am BLOG Worthy and NOT creepy at all!!! Woo hoo!!!! You're awesome Lola. Thanks.

VolleyMom said...

Oh, we all know you ONLY married my brother so you could be MY legally and lawfully wedded SIS-IN-LAW.

Unknown said...

These pictures are so sweet. Nancy sounds like a real gem!