Friday, January 1, 2010

It might be Christmas until March....

well, at my house anyway. 3 days ago, i got a magical burst of energy and was experiencing a minimal amount of nausea, so i went for it. the big clean up.
it didn't go over very well.
so, this is how my house looks today at 3:16 p.m.
as i write this, i am still in bed, in a bathrobe, eating a steady diet of ritz crackers, water, and cafe rio's chicken tortilla soup... oh well.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
ensure and prune juice? (don't ask.)
my fridge looks like it belongs in the home of a 90 year old.
Photobucket
so does my nightstand...
well, except for the books... i don't know many elderly people who have "what to expect when you're expecting" on their nightstand.
Photobucket
Photobucket
i did, however, get around to wrapping a late christmas present for kort. it's a book titled "i'm going to be a big brother!" and an accessory-gear-kit-thingy for his new nintendo dsi. it literally took all the energy i could muster. ha ha! this is all so strange.
strange, but wonderful.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Christmas until March certainly isn't a bad thing! You'll feel better soon. Feel free to pass on those symptoms to me! Is it the water you're drinking maybe? I'm so baby hungry! ;)

Bonnie said...

Your so silly! I started taking stuff down last night too & I haven't gotten back up again today to finish. I hope you get feeling better soon.

Bon :)

Jen Nelson said...

Yay!! As soon as little bits is off oxygen I'll come pick up for you and you can snuggle my little man! (and that better be before March!!)

Laura said...

There is nothing wrong with Christmas until March!! Nor is there anything wrong with having a refrigerator that would make a 90 year old proud! :) Whatever keeps you healthy and happy! Let me know if there is anything you need...ANYTHING! (That includes yummy cookies when you can stomach them!) I am just a hop skip and a jump away! Can't wait to meet the newest Dugovic!

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

Ashley said...

Wow, congratulations!!!!! That is such great news that you are going to be having your 2nd baby. That is amazing, I bet that your little boy is thrilled. I hope that you are feeling okay and I am impressed with all of the water bottles in your fridge.

Harrison's said...

Oh Laura I am SO excited for you!!!! This is such great news. I'm also super excited because we recently found out we're pregnant (I'm only 7 wks) but I had an ultrasound today and there was a strong heartbeat. Love how you shared the news -- your mom's face is priceless =).