Sunday, September 13, 2009

sick(ish) sunday

Kortland developed a fairly nasty cough over the weekend, so I decided to keep him home with Kyle today. I kinda sorta love sick Sundays. Nothing really beats a Transformer-clad little boy (thanks Nancy) with some serious bed head running around your house all the live long day. We all laid in bed together and watched "Night at the Museum 2" together. I was laughing so. hard. The lisping Egyptian Pharaoh Guy? Stop. it. right. now. I was practically rolling on the floor. (and yes, I do, in fact, have the emotional maturity of a third grader.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the movie, Kort brushed up on his "flash free" photography.



When bedtime rolled around, Kort proudly exclaimed:
"and I don't even have to get changed into my pajamas!"
We both agreed that the moment warrented a small celebration.
Once Kort was off in dreamland, the hubs and I made scones and enjoyed them (too many of them, if I'm being honest) with melty butter and cinnamon/sugar. I love sick Sundays.

3 comments:

Barbaloot said...

I loved, LOVED, the Egyptian. Hank Azaria is amazing. And also-did you know he's the voice of the Thinker and Abraham Lincoln on that show?

Ashley said...

Kortland,

I hope you have a good day but you're sick. You'll have a good day when you go to someone's friends house and you look cool at your house and I hope you get better! And I hope you make pictures and you will get the chutes and ladders game!

Good bye,
Tyson

the Lola Letters said...

Ahhhhh ha ha ha ha ha!!! Tyson! I am going to eat you!

I will read this to Kort right when he gets home today!