Saturday, September 5, 2009

justin. hackworth. photography.

I purchased a "mother/daughter" photoshoot at Justin Hackworth's "30 Strangers" charity event in July. As I viewed the framed photogaphs of 30 different sets of mothers/daughters/grandmothers/great grandmothers at his event, I was deeply moved, and became an instant fan of his work. My mom, as many of you know, has had (and still has) her fair share of health problems, and was not well on the day of the shoot, so I called Justin THAT DAY and asked what I could do. He said that I was welcome to reschedule, or that I could bring Mr. Kortland James instead. Since we don't know how mom will be doing on any given day, and also since her schedule is most always crazy, I decided to keep the appointment and bring Kortland instead. And even though Kort was his crazy, high energy self the whole time, Justin still managed to get some shots that I truly love.


All of Justin's work feels very stripped down and real.
I decided to wear "less" make up and NO lipstick
(*gasp*)
for the shoot, and I really love the results.






This has to be my favorite shot...ever.
Ladies and gentlemen,
may I present to you:
MY SON
This is him.
exactly
him.
In every way,
him.
You can go to his site
to see the rest of our pics.
Thank you Justin!

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Laura, these are amazing! And you look simply stunning.

I was just showing Adam your blog and telling him that we need to figure out our schedule so we can have you do our pictures!

Barbaloot said...

Those are so fun! What a good idea---and how fun for your son to have.

Celeste said...

I'm so super glad you guys did this, you will cherish these forever. You need to get that last one of Kort in a huge canvas, or have it made into wall paper & do a whole wall in his room. Love it. Love it. Love it. Matt says "she looks soooo European." That means supermodel in his vocab.
I concur.