Friday, March 13, 2009

Get the heck outta town. (and you're welcome)

Seriously, people? Seriously?


Andes Mint Cookies
¾ c. butter (1½ stick)
1½ cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons water
12 oz. (2 cups) chocolate chips
2 eggs
2 ½ cups flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt


In a large bowl, melt together the butter, brown sugar, water and chocolate chips. Microwave for a minute at a time stirring after each until melted.Beat in eggs, add in sifted remaining dry ingredients until blended. Chill 1 hour or overnight.*Shape into 1 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake @ 325°F for 8-10 minutes. Place mint on top, you may want to place back in the oven for a second or two. Spread when melted.

*Who on earth has the will-power to mix all that deliciousness up and then wait for it to chill OVERNIGHT? W.h.o? Not me. That's who.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

These are some of my favorite cookies to make, and they are so delicious!

the Lola Letters said...

I have never had them, but my heart did a little leap when I laid eyes on them.

r.i.d.i.c.u.l.o.u.s.

I'm in love.

Barbaloot said...

I have no words. None.

the Lola Letters said...

I know, right?!

Nikki Moshier said...

holy yummmm! I hate being on a diet, I have no will power!

Nisha said...

Post tomorrow to tell us how delicious they are.