Wow, I have not been feeling very good (understatement) and now I am on medication (Prednisone - eeeesh) that does the following:
1. Makes my legs swell up and ache and seize.
2. Makes my stomach burn like I swallowed gasoline.
3. Gives me mood swings that make Hitler look like an absolute peach.
4. Makes me "euphoric" -that's what "they" (you know, the people who have no idea what's wrong with me but thought that giving me these crazy pills would be a good idea anyway...?) call it anyway, which makes me feel weird because I'm a little too physically uncomfortable, and I'm a little too stressed, and have just a few too many things to be getting done for "euphoric" to be my regular state of being at this precise moment...
5. It makes me feel super-sleepy, but also makes it so I can't sleep, so that's rather fun as well.
Can someone please tell me how this is better than swollen golf-ball eyes and extreme joint pain? (Okay, it's a little better, but I'm not sure if it's better enough to be worth it...)
Part of me wants to feel really, really, really sorry for me. But an even bigger part of me wants to shout from the roof tops "I am so blessed!"
I have a husband that does:
"Daddy" 24/7 (and does it incredibly well)
breakfast in bed
crying (not him, me.)
lots and lots and lots of crying...
and he just holds me,
and loves me
and gives me the support I need,
and is never annoyed by the fact
that he hasn't had one second
to himself or
for himself in over a week...
and I have a little boy who just told me that he misses me and that nobody can make eggs over-easy for him the way that I can, and that he loves me "more than all off outer space and the universe mixed up together" and then he added "that's really a lot." for good measure.
So, yep. I feel horrible, but I also feel wonderful because at every turn I'm reminded that I have an amazing husband, a beautiful son, and the best friends and family any girl could ever ask for!
I get test results back tomorrow,
and do you know what I am hoping they'll say?
"You are doing too much, and that food poisoning crashed your immune system and made you really, really sick but you're going to be fine now. But for cryin out flavin' - take it easy woman!"
and I will say.
And that will be the end of it.
That will be nice.