Saturday, November 8, 2008

A month of thanks: DAY 8

I'm thankful...

1...for my yummy, comfortable bed. I came home from a very busy day, with a very big headache, and it felt so good to climb into my bed and just relax for a few hours. I am very blessed to have comfortable, clean furniture filling my home.
2...for a thoughtful husband. Kyle came in the bedroom (while I was having my nice, big, fat rest) and gave me a little present. I opened it up, and he had ordered two totally cute rhinestone dog collars that I had been eyeing. I love how he notices and remembers everything I like. That's like, every girl's dream isn't it? And it's not so much because of the "stuff" as it is because it feels good to know that someone cares enough to listen to the things you say or for someone to notice the things you look at. He's just the best. I don't think I'll ever get over it. I have felt crummy (physically anyway) all night, and he has rubbed my shoulders and brought in ibuprofen and water and...he's just the best! (I already said that, didn't I? - Well get used to it.I'm afraid there's much, much more where that came from!)
3...for Kort. He's delightful and sweet and funny, and I was gone more than I was home today so I had lots of extra time to really miss him - and I did. I just light up when I get to see him after several hours of being away. It reminds me of why I love being a stay at home mom. (Not that I need much reminding since I hate punching time clocks, taking orders, and answering to anyone other than that delightful little 5 year old...) He's so funny too. I went into his room just a moment ago for "final tuck in" and found him asleep in his chair! So sassy, that one. Always has fun lil' tricks up his sleeve.

No comments: