Friday, November 7, 2008

A month of thanks: DAY 7

Wow, I just finished writing the biggest blog of all time. I'm gonna keep this short and go spend the rest of the evening snuggled up with my husband watching all of the fantastic shows that have piled up on our DVR. (You know, Chuck, the Office, Burn Notice, Psych, My Name is Earl, ...to name a few. ha ha! Can you say T.V. Junkies!? So:

I'm thankful...

1...for an amazing ward.
Our ward had a pretty darn amazing party tonight and we had the time of our lives. We ate great food, played Pictionary, and visited with great friends. Seriously - I've said this before - One. Big. Happy. Family.
2...for freedom of speech. I had better be thankful for it after posting the world's biggest rant. The fact is, I really do respect EVERYONE'S right to express themselves. (though I am probably going to make fun of you if you incorrectly try to use an example that deosn't even mean what you think it means as a defense. I'm sassy and "Type A" and all that bad jazz, so feel free to speak your mind, but I'm probably gonna call you on it if you don't speak from a place of truth or accuracy. I'm just sayin...)
I'm grateful that we live in a country where free speech is possible, and I'm also grateful that I have the capacity to genuinely love those who say things that I completely disagree with. That's what makes our country great.
3...for Little Caesar's Pizza. (Really, what mother isn't?) It is the lifesaver of the century when I get caught up writing all day, or cleaning all day, or what have you. 5 minutes and 5 bucks and I have dinner on the table? Thank you. Thank you.

No comments: