Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A month of thanks: DAY 11

I'm thankful...

1...for people who give out Milky Way, Twix, and Reeses Pieces candy bars on Halloween. Bless you.
2...for Napoleon Dynamite. All of the post election hub-bub was driving me nutty, and since we don't have cable (by choice), there has been no escaping it this past week...that is, until I had a genius idea! My Napolean Dynamite DVD running on a continuous loop! Bliss I tell ya, BLISS! Whether I'm folding laundry, gluing flowers, or sweeping the kitchen floor, this show has got everything a girl could ask for and more. A few highlights, if you will:

"Stay home and eat all the freakin' chips, Kip!"

"Ow! You're bruisin' my neck meat!"

"You're mom goes to college!"

"How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?"

UNCLE RICO: "We also need some way to make us look official, like we got all the answers."
KIP: "How 'bout some gold bracelets?"

And finally, a little gem from the deleted scenes:

"Yeah right, who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

3... that we got to go on a little family adventure to "grasshopper mountain." Earlier this summer, I got a flu and was down for the day, so Kyle took Kortland on a hike to give me some quiet time to rest. The field at the base of the mountain was INFESTED with grasshoppers at the time. Kort thought he had died and gone to heaven for sure! From that day on, they called that specific area "grasshopper mountain." So, as predicted, Kort was still sick today, but Nurse Nancy told us to get him out and moving so that the fluids could move through his body more efficiently and work out the bugs. So, we decided to return to grasshopper mountain. Mercifully, all of the grasshoppers are now "sleeping" for the winter, therefore, I didn't spend all of our precious, special hiking time squealing and flailing in an effort to get grasshoppers out of my hair. It was so beautiful up there! Kortland had a wonderful time. He is such a nature boy (his Papo saw to that). It was a wonderful opportunity to look out over the valley of Springville and admire the beauty of the earth with the most important people in my life.

No comments: