Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hawaii? California? No...Spanish Fork!

Spansh Oaks Reservoir:
Is this water beautiful or what?!
I am just sick that I've lived in Springville for more than 2 years now and never knew that there was such a great, outdoorsy amenity just 10 minutes from my house! The kids had an amazing time swimming, splashing, and even building sandcatles (with a mote and everything!)

The water in Hawaii looks exactly like this (above)
Such an amazing view- and the best part is, our good friend and neighbor owns a ton of acreage right next to the reservoir (and I mean like, a couple hundred YARDS from the reservoir) so, we just might buy some land and build our dream home here. You can't beat the view, and I LOVE the idea of boating on the lake as a family AND swimming the lake for exercise as well.
So let me know if you want to be my neighbor! ha ha! Sure, we'll look a bit like polygs - building some random "family and friends only" compound- but the babysitting exchange opportunities would make it more than worth it! ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ah that is gorgeous!!! i MUST find out where it is... my hubby and son would love it!! haha

Jen Nelson said...

Um, you know I'm building next to you on our cult-like family compound!
I also have to add that I'm a little miffed I didn't get invited on this outing... you know I love to prance around in my swimsuit... jerk.

Natasha Ireland said...

We want in your compound group