Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Making Modern.

Photobucket

I have something of a multiple personality disorder when it comes to home design.
Do any of you have this problem?

I LOVE old, classical, frilly, carved pieces.
I LOVE homes with fresh, white walls, clean-lined furniture, and modern prints.
I LOVE dark wood and textured, jewel-toned walls.
I LOVE chandeliers.
I LOVE bright, printed fabrics.
I LOVE homes with NO CLUTTER and NOTHING on the walls.
I LOVE homes filled with floral arrangements, huge light fixtures, and fantastically fancy frames.

I could go totally baroque-crazy, and fill my home with leggy, velvet furniture, and hang 60 gilded frames on the walls of my tiny hallway, and at the same time, I could be blissfully at home living in flat in Denmark that is stripped so bare, you'd think the place was uninhabited.

So, could it even be possible that I am a modernist/minimalist with a deep love of all things baroque? Hmmmm. That would be an interesting combination... and a huge oxymoron at that.

Can a person be truly happy living in a state of oxymoron?
I think I just might.

Why am I going on and on about this? Because I have been looking at bed sets lately, and I am LOVING the sleek, modern look of platform beds. Don't know how I can make them work in my little 70s split level per se... but hey, it might be worth a shot.

2 comments:

Aubry Macbean said...

My husband always comments on how funny it is that a girl who doesn't like change always comes up with new idea's on how to decorate/redecorate our house.

Lisa Lou said...

I love platform beds too! In fact, my husband is building us one this weekend. If we can make it work in our tiny, historic, avenues dig, then you can too!