Monday, September 28, 2009

another lovely sunday.

Kortland has decided that he wants to participate in his school's "Reflections" contest this year in the category of photography. (I am fairly certain that this is MOSTLY because he will take any reason he can get to gain full access to my camera for an afternoon, but hey, if he's taking the incentive, who am I to stand in his way?) and he's actually pretty darn good (says his mother). I will show you the images he captured when he gets them picked out and ready for the competition.
So, after he finished photographing the back yard, the rose garden and Bella and Bubbuh in their entirety, he took to frolicking in the grass with the Bub-meister. And isn't it just plain old serendipity that the camera was still down there with us? I certainly think it is. What a gift these dogs have been for what would have otherwise been a terribly lonely boy... They love him, snuggle him, wait for him, and would follow him to the ends of the earth. It has been near devastating that we haven't been able to give him a brother or sister, but I thank my Father in Heaven every. day. that our family has been given the gift of loving, wonderful, saintly dogs.
Photobucket
telling secrets.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
being silly.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Those are some GREAT Boy and his Dog pictures. :) Deserves a photo collage frame....

Blackwell said...

He is just so darn handsome! Bryan and I were just talking about how grown up he looks I can't believe it. MISS YOU!

Anonymous said...

I wandered over from Nathan's blog and I have to say your photos are amazing...you are such a talented photographer!

the Lola Letters said...

Thank you! That is so kind of you to say.