Sunday, June 21, 2009

birthday.

i originally had visions of a garden birthday party in my backyard,

but you can see how well that would have gone over.



kort couldn't have been happier.
gutter kid.
all the way.
leaf boat races?
he. is. so. in.



special thanks go out to my in-laws'
cherry tree,
and my side-yard
rose garden
for the bounteous (and more importantly, free) centerpieces.





i know, i took way too many pictures...
but cut me some slack,
this was my baby for a day.




(Have you heard of "The Cake Mix Doctor"?
She's the bomb.)

We had chocolate cake
with made-from-scratch chocolate cream cheese frosting
and milk chocolate shavings
and/or
fresh strawberry pie
for dessert.
(i was an "and" girl myself...)


i love them.



there are always some
good times and serious laughs
to be had when
nikki and michele
are in the house

caketime.


ash was so awesome to come and help
chop
and
arrange
and
bake
and
chat
with me,
i was seriously in love with this whole day
beginning
to
end.
thanks ladies...