Thursday, April 16, 2009

4.16.2009

So...Kort has been dying to have a backyard picnic for the last couple of weeks, and since this:

is what our backyard looked like this morning, we decided to improvise: Living room brunch picnic complete with bagels, cream cheese, and almonds anyone? (ooo!)


sucked into Curious George:

Then Kort decided to make the most of this
mid-spring snow day
by heading out and making this delightful little creation:
...and YES that is Asparagus coming out of that
snowman's head, nose, and arms...
What?
We didn't have any carrots! I ...improvised.

I am trying to be a good sport about this ridiculous weather, but
C'mon April!
Enough is enough already!
I don't care if this is Utah!
Just when I had given up hope that spring would ever fully arrive,
we went on a family walk, and Kort found some awesome gifts for me!
Just what I needed.
A little piece of spring.
Then I took some pictures.
Eskimo Photo Shoot Anyone?
Who on Earth wears PARKAS in April? (you may ask)
UTAHNS - that's who!
(smart ones anyway - you know,
the ones that don't want to freeze their cookies off
while attempting to have a "lovely" family walk
in 40 degree weather? yeah.)




Happy APRIL everyone!

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Holy cow! You guys got a TON of snow! You both look great!

Heather said...

Those are the cutest pictures ever.