10 (okay, 6) things that made me oh so happy today:
1. I had tons of renewed energy and was able to work out like a mad woman!
2. I got my monthly visitor this morning (t.m.i? sorry, by now you should know better than to drop in at this time of the month) and realized that the hormonal roller coaster that USUALLY accompanies my favorite visitor didn't make me: nutty/sad/evil/crazy/angry/mopey/depressed/(did I mention crazy?) or anything! It ALSO didn't drive me to eat my weight in peanut butter and Hershey's chocolate bars! What a glorious day! Just when I thought I needed to get on medication... an improved diet and craploads of exercise SEEMS to have done the trick! Thanks Scientology! Thanks to Sweaty Chix Fitness AND the South Beach Diet too of course... but mostly thanks to Tom Cruise and Scientology.
You'll certainly hear about it next month if I relapse! he he...
3. Suggestions Salon (in Orem) just agreed to provide a HUGE beauty package to the winner of theprombomb.com! Get this, they are donating: manicure, pedicure, facial, scalp massage, hair, make-up AND (drum roll please) eyelash extensions! Their contribution ALONE is over a $500.00 value! Want to know why this makes me happy? Because it feels good to know that there are such good people out there. It really does. The owner of Suggestions was so excited about the event and even more excited about Mothers Without Borders. Not ONCE did she ask "What's in it for us?" She was just happy to have the opportunity to help these children. A-mazing. Makes me all sorts of warm and fuzzy inside.
4. Kortland's new school pictures came home today and they are hilariously cute (yes, again).
5. Kortland is quietly, politely, and non-whining-ly doing his homework at the table as I type right now. (I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I bribed him with a trip to the local drug store/ice cream parlor after he gets it done...nope, nothing at all.)
6. I went to Sizzler last night and I'm still a little high off of "ghetto-fabulous buffet delight." (I love buffets. Chuck-a-rama, Golden Corral, you name it, I love it.) All of that possibility (and free ice cream) just never fails to delight. Watermelon, grapes, steak, fried, shrimp, pizza, tacos, pepperchini's AND icecream? - get outta town! I don't care if you think I'm ghetto. Kort and I had a ball.
I also love hot dogs, so there.
That's all I have so far... but it's only 1:17, so my day is officially off to a good start. (yay!)
Hope you're all having a super happy day as well...
(as irrational the reasoning for said happiness may be.)