We did it, we did it, we did it, yeah!
We did it! We finally took decent family picture with all of us smiling and looking at the camera at the very same time! Can you believe it? Amazing! And what, (you may ask) was the secret to our long-awaited success? Well let me tell you:
1. I looked in the mirror and combed my hair before leaving the house.
2. We left the dogs (a.k.a. spaz's of the universe) at home this time around.
3. I wore a dress that fit.
4. We didn't incorporate a balloon.
5. I threatened to throw the Nintendo 64 away if Kortland didn't cooperate. (yeah, yeah, mean, sassy mom, I know.)
6. We did a "funny" picture in between every "smiling" picture - that seemed to keep Kort on point. All I have to say is - yay Nancy! (our photog.) You are a saint, girl! MUAH!
7. We cast any and all "devils" out of our child before starting the photo sesh. (that really seemed to help.) I If you have no idea as to what I'm talking about, click here to be brought up to speed. I am soooo grateful that the second time (as opposed to the third) was the charm. I didn't have any more primping, smiling, yelling, styling, or crying left in me!
I know most of you probably feel this way, but my hubs is the best kisser! Geez. It was the kissing that got me, I must say. I would usually date a guy for awhile and I'd really like him, and a date or two (or three) into the budding "relationship" he would go in for the big kiss, and I would go :"Wow, NO chemistry." and promptly put an end to it. So crazy! I doubt that many guys are avid followers of my blog, but if you are a single male that just so happens to have stumbled upon this little gem of a post, it's your lucky day! Listen up:
Girls are NOT NEARLY so "physical" as they are "emotional!"
You can take that statement to the bank, baby. If you don't give a girl the chance to become emotionally attached/invested/obsessed with you before leaning in on her - you will ruin EVERYTHING by going in for that kiss prematurely! I promise. Kyle waited not one, not two....but three full months before kissing me, and I swear it's the reason we are married! We saw each other every single day for 90 days straight, and I was MADLY in love with him by the time he leaned in for that first kiss. When he kissed me, I felt it in every follicle on my head and all the way down to my toe nails...yep, it was that good. I'm pretty sure I heard angels singing alleluia as well... but that's a story for another time.
This is a completely random tangent that I had no intention of writing, but there it is.
Wait for it boys...just wait for it.
DISCLAIMER: THIS POST IS SOUNDING A BIT LIKE SOMETHING THAT "SERIOUSLY SO BLESSED" MIGHT HAVE WRITTEN ON HER BLOG (ONLY I'M NOT ANONYMOUS...OR JOKING....) SO PLEASE FORGIVE THE OVERWHELMING, UTAH VALLEY DORKINESS OF THIS PARTICULAR POST! HA HA! TECHNICALLY, SOME GIRLS LIKE TO "MACK" JUST AS MUCH AS THE DUDES (OR SO THEY SAY...) AND A COUPLE OF OUR MARRIED FRIENDS EVEN MADE OUT THE FIRST NIGHT THEY MET...(AND THEY ARE STILL HAPPILY MARRIED WITH FIVE, OR SIX...OR SEVEN... KIDDOS TO THIS VERY DAY! SO, TO EACH HIS OWN.) BUT, IF YOU'RE A GUY THAT DATED ME A FEW TIMES IN COLLEGE (SHORTLY BEFORE YOU KISSED ME, RUINED EVERYTHING, AND NEVER HEARD FROM ME AGAIN) AT LEAST NOW YOU KNOW WHY. YOU CAN GO FORTH AND LIVE OUT THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IN RELATIVE PEACE. YOU'RE WELCOME.
Now, back to my celebratory picture posting.
Yay! I have a nice, solid, 11 month break before a new debacle begins...