Here is an example of the kinds of photos we like to send out to all of our friends and family at Christmas Time...
...and here's what really goes down:
A few observations:
1. What the heck is up with my early-90's-news-anchor-helmet-head? Next time, I'm going to go ahead and look in the mirror before heading out for family pictures.
2. My dress is ill fitting.
3. Dogs do not understand the concept of family pictures. Nope. They don't.
4. Walking an 80 pound dog in 4 inch heels - not the best idea I've ever had...
5. 90% of my smiles are fake, I was screaming at two dogs and a sassy five year old between every take.
6. A balloon, though creative/fun/artistic, is basically just a massive pain/distraction!
7. Nancy (the photographer/aunt/sister-in-law/sister) is a saint.
8. There must be a law written somewhere that says that parents have to look like morons when their child finally smiles like an angel.
He was "done" about 5 minutes into shooting
Merry Christmas Ya'll!
My "Thankfuls" for November 22,2008:
1...for digital cameras.
3...for a sister in law who is willing to let us do "re-takes!"