Thursday, October 16, 2008

vacay day 2

Our first official day of vacation started with oatmeal, magnets, and a walk through the lovely backyard. I love bed-head and pajama butt so much, I can't even stand it! He's sure gonna be peeved when I'm still trying to make him wear these when he's a teenager...

peek-a-boo, I see you!
Kortland found these in the office.
Perfect for all the exploring and clue-finding he needed to do today.

Then we went swimming!


I forgot to pack Kort's lifejacket (only the most important, most needed item on our trip) but luckily, I found an amazing replacement! I found this lil' beauty at Wal-mart, and can you believe the luck...it was clearancing for a mere $2.50. NICE! Plus it's just so orange...and big... and terribly good-looking! Sinking cruise ship chic for sure. All the kids at the pool were jealous I just know it. The good thing is, that the life vests' awkward, uncomfortable fit made Kort all that much more determined to swim on his own, and he's making great progress.


Gotta love the "time to get out" stare down.
Kort's pretty good at it.
This is his famous (and often effective)"it's not happenin" face.
*
After a quick bath and some lunch, Kort and Jack played in the backyard. Kort didn't waste any time finding some mud to mold...right after his bath of course.

4 comments:

Aubry Macbean said...

Hey good Idea on going to St George for a swim visit. Mackenzie found her swimsuit the other day and has asked to go to the pool.

Ashley Koz said...

LOL....... pajama butt, love it

Ashley said...

Ohhhh... I remember OUR St. George trip =(

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time!

Ashley Thalman said...

oh st. g! what fun! hope your weekend was refreshing!