Wednesday, October 15, 2008

road trip

Big Trev at the wheel(he's available ladies)

self portrait

play-doh + magnetix ='s complete and utter road trip bliss.

lunch

desert



scenes from 82 mph

Today, we headed to st. george for fall break. kyle decided to be a diligent scout leader (by taking the kids on their 3rd veterinary clinic field trip) and devoted dog owner (by taking the the dogs on daily walks and whipping up their "natural foods" meals twice a day) and thus, sadly, did not accompany us. I miss him already. It's amazing how much I have to pick up the slack when he's not around to be kickin butt and taking names for me! I really wanted to give kort the chance to swim his lil' heart out one more time before swimming season is officially over (even for st. george.) Our car crew consisted of myself, K-to-the-Jizzay, my mom, and my littlest brother Trevor. It was wonderful! We talked about all sorts of things and Kort was an absolute peach the whole time. (though we still had a few hilarious incidences that I will have to blog about tomorrow) I love packing up the car and hitting the road. I have very fond memories of long road trips with my parents and brothers, and no, it's not because we got our brady bunch on and sang b.i.n.g.o. for two hours straight. We fought like cats and dogs. We fought over the walk-man, (ba-ha ha ha ha!...the walkman, that puppy's a blog in and of itself.) car snacks, politics (yeah, I just said politics - remember, our last name is Blackwell, but that doesn't mean we don't have all but too much Headlee pumping through our veins as well!) you name it! If there was an insult to be dished or blow to be thrown, we were all certainly game for some of that action! But there were quiet times too. Times when I was able to listen to the entire Phantom of the Opera soundtrack and imagine how amazing it would feel to play the part of "Christine" on Broadway in New York. Times where I could write journal entries and poetry in a little notebook that my brothers were destined to find and tease me about for years to come. Times when I could sit in silence and read the collected works of Edgar Allen Poe and feel terribly moody, intelligent, and deep for doing so. There's just something about road trips that I can't seem to get enough of. I would honestly get in the car and drive from one end of the continent to the other for no good reason at all. No special stops, thrill rides, or incredible sites to see...I would be happy to simply be along for the ride.

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

Beautiful pics! And you look like Jackie O in that picture.