Monday, April 28, 2008

KEYS

So, I went to take some of Kortland's playmates home in our junky, run-around van this afternoon (while Kyle and Kort left for preschool in the Infiniti) and as my hand reached up to turn the keys (which are ALWAYS left in the car...theives welcome...) there was nothing there! I tried to call Kyle to see if he or Kortland knew where the keys were, but he had left his phone charging on the nightstand. So, when he got home, I told him the situation and took the kids home in the infiniti. Kyle searched and searched for the keys - but no luck! Finally, 2 1/2 hours later when we went to pick Kort up from school, Kyle asked him if he knew where the keys might be, and he said "Oh wait, I they're in here."
and Kyle asked "in the car?"
Kort said "No, I don't know what it's called."
"What?" Kyle asked, "Are they on the inside of the car?"
"...No"
"Are they on the outside of the car?"
"...No, I'll get them, you just go inside and tell mommy that I have her keys, then I'll come in and give them to her."
Kyle said: "How about you show me where you put them and we'll both take them in to mommy?" and Kort agreed.
So, when they got out, he lead Kyle over to the tail pipe and said "I put them in there!"
He had put them in yesterday evening and we had driven at least 5 different places since then, so Kyle started to look for them on the street, but about 5 minutes into his searched he remembered that the Street Sweepers had paid us a visit this morning and the keys were pretty officially G*O*N*E by now! So, 4 year olds are awesome. Luckily, we have a spare and aren't terribly worried about the ghetto van being stolen! Ha ha! Just wanted to share our little event!

No comments: